September 18, 2011

A series of fortunate events

It all started on Friday afternoon.  I was sitting in a teacher’s classroom discussing a lesson plan when over the loud speaker the principal announced that Walmart was at our school giving away $100 to ten different teachers.  I was just telling the teacher about how I never win things like this when… I heard my name called it was like music to my ears.  I was fortunate enough to receive $100, a bag of blow pops for my class, and a cute piece of cake complete with a mini fork attached.  I can’t tell you enough how grateful I am for this and I know that the Lord had a hand in this because He knows how much money I have already put into my class.  I even did a high kick in the hall.  Thank you Wal-Mart for being so generous and supporting all the hardworking teachers out there.  I feel honored to be a part of the faculty at Altara and will try to use my money wisely!




Next I had the opportunity to attend two baby showers for Brady and Taisja Maxfield (my brother and sister-in-law).  First of all it was amazing to see their beautiful faces but even more special to spend time with them.   Taisja is the most fashionable pregnant lady you’ll ever see, and B-rady is just awesome (ex. When he needed a ride to Taisja’s after helping clean up he agreed to follow behind me in the car so I could get a little bike ride in at 11:00 p.m.) 
Not only did I get to go to these showers, they were amazing!  My mother and her sisters put on the first one and the theme was, “Look who’s coming as sweet as can bee, a baby for Taisja and Brady.”  Now here is the coincidence the shower put on by Taisja and her sister had the theme, “Mom to BEE.”  Funny Right? 
Anyways both parties were a major success, complete with amazing food, decorations, favors, desserts, and making adorable onesies. 
Great work ladies I had so much fun and love being in such a remarkable family. 



Cute favors!


Only a few of the desserts there!




All the deserts were yellow and sweet and the food was BEE BEE Q chicken salad!


Cute Taisja at Cafe Trio






Our onesies


My pictures don't do the decorations justice!



1 comment:

kylee said...

high kick in the hall? i definitely claim you as my best friend miss maxfield.