September 29, 2011

Grand Opportunities

Last Saturday I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the General Relief Society Meeting at the Conference Center.  I felt very blessed when I got to sit on the second row and benefit from the spirit that I felt so strongly.  When you are sitting so close it is impossible not to feel of our Savior’s love and my goose bumps were the size of golf balls.  Prior to the beginning of the meeting, I got to ride under the tunnel with my sister and mother, and was able to see Sister Julie B. Beck, Sister Oaks, and many other stalwart women in the powder room.  I was able to tell Sister Oaks that she did a great job at the CES fireside. In return, she exclaimed a sincere comment about how much she loved the young single adults and me and how much she thinks about it.  It was an unforgettable night that I shared with my cousins and I am thankful for the family that I have been blessed with who provide me with once in a lifetime situations.  My testimony was reconfirmed and my love for modern day revelation grew as I listened to Elder Uchtdorf and hung on his every word.  Tears began to roll down my cheeks as he talked about the young woman who missed her opportunity to touch the lives of the children she taught because she was too busy waiting for the golden ticket of getting married and having kids of her own.  It really hit home, and I know that my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will never forget me and that Christ has engraved me on the palm of His hands.  For this, I am eternally grateful and with the deepest and most sincere desire hope to return to live with Him someday.
After this meeting all my cousins and aunts (who attended the Relief Society meeting) were treated to a dinner at The Garden also attended by and paid for by my loving Grandfather.  It was the first time the roof had been open when I was there and the view of the temple was breathtaking.  I had such a great night and loved catching up with my sister and cousins. 



I also made the good sacrifice of attending the temple this week.  I know there is no greater place to be and serving my Savior brings peace to my soul and reassures me that I can make it through the hard things in this life.  I can’t wait for conference so I can learn about how I can continue my journey to become perfect like Christ.

No comments: