July 24, 2011

An Unforgettable Sabbath


Over the weekend I had the great opportunity to attend two amazing weddings.
 The two beautiful brides were Megan Heinz and Melissa Whittingham. 
Both of the weddings were incredible with adorable decorations and scenery, great food, and unforgettable dresses. 





Then we had our last gamma date night at Classic Skating.  Not very many gamma girls showed up but we combined with Alpha to make for a great party. 
I am not going to lie...I kind of enjoyed not a lot of people. 
More space on the rink meant more room to speed race, dance like a fool, requesting our favorite songs one after another, and Jesse and me doing cool tricks on skates. 






This weekend also included two rounds of golf, a bike ride, two amazing firework shows, catching up with friends who I miss dearly, a Bees game, and a Mission Farewell.


My uncle, a member of the first quorum of the 70, Michael T. Ringwood, his wife Rosalie, and son Spencer are heading to Japan.  Their farewell was today and all I can say is that I am truly blessed with amazing family to look up to.  The sacrament meeting was filled with inspiring doctrine, and the spirit was strong enough to pierce my soul.  I learned so much about how I can improve my life by looking steadfastly toward Heaven.   I must develop faith in order to remember the blessings God has given me, which will help lead me to action in renewing my testimony and seeking to understand God’s will in
order to make it my own! 
Today I am committing to myself and to my Savior that I will…
  • v Pray earnestly multiple times a day- this includes every meal.
    v Read and search the scriptures daily by having at least a 15-minute devotional with my Savior, and truly learning the doctrinal topics of the gospel.
    v Studying the attributes and life of my Savior and developing the same qualities in mine.
    v Going to the temple weekly.
    v Performing my church calling to the fullest.
    v Serving others and keeping the spirit with me at all times.
    All of these things will help me gain a true understanding of God’s plan for me and in my heart I will continue to gain a testimony that will lead to righteous actions.  I sincerely want to commit to this list even once my teaching career starts and truly show my devotion to my Savior. 


2 comments:

Max Fam said...

You look so cute B! We love and miss you!!

kylee said...

that tie of chaseton's. loooove. that yellow dress of jenn's. also love. that girl with the pretty long dark hair. love the most. the skating trick pictures are the BEST! wish i could have been there! bahhh. so jealous you went to a bees game with the muss boys. miss them much. you and your testimony are amazing. thanks for being such a good example bryn!