July 6, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude


On July 1st I had the much needed…
TONSILLECTOMY
I would not recommend it to anyone it is horrible!  I have been on my couch 6 days and I’ve heard the worst is approaching. 
Although I have been sick and have not accomplished anything these last few days I have been able to look forward to life after my tonsils are gone!! I know that for most people tonsils mean well but for me I can say good bye to… having a constant irritated throat, consuming multiple cough drops a day to make it through a day of teaching, and loosing my much needed daily energy.
Enough complaints- this post is really about the
Attitude of Gratitude that I need to express.

I am grateful for my selfless mother, who knows me very well,
Who’s there to serve me, comfort and love me until I’m feeling swell.
I am grateful for my body and the ability to move,
To exercise, and appreciate nature from my troubles I can elude.
I am grateful for the time to ponder about things in my life,
To look back, reflect upon, how to be- a future wife.
I’m grateful for my Savior- The gift of the spirit- upon all of us He bestowed,
 I am fond of feelings that it brings, and need to act on what I’ve been told.
I’m grateful for the opportunity to study scriptures, each day here on earth,
Diving into specific words to determine what they’re worth.
I’m grateful for the chance to talk to my Father in Heaven through the spoken word,
Tender mercies I experience, reassure to me, I’ve been heard.
Let’s not forget the remarkable friends and family, playing an influence on whom I become,
Giving me examples, attributes, and words of wisdom, in which I learn from.
I am grateful for the spiritual gift of a testimony gained line upon line,
Gradually realizing that I know without a doubt, the truthfulness of this gospel and the blessings it brings, causes me to shine.
It also reminds me when I whine, that my Saviors there to lift me through the climb.
I am grateful for my Attitude of Gratitude, which brings me bliss and joy.
Apply it to every second of life- and you’ll discover much to ENJOY!
 


2 comments:

kylee said...

i am grateful for YOU.

mnjacksons said...

Bryndy you are amazing! what a cute poem! i hope you feel better soon! glad you have a blog. So Cute! love ya