April 28, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week Fun!

This past week was teacher appreciation week at my school.
It was the greatest thing I have experienced in a long time.
I am so grateful to be at the school I am at!  I have the greatest students and PTA! 
They make my life amazing!
The PTA gave us passports (where we traveled somewhere new every day) that we had to stamp each day to make sure we enjoyed all the things they planned.  Then on Friday they had a drawing, but I did not win.
Monday= Hawaiian included Jamba juice, a free lay, and my students wearing my favorite color, turquoise.
Tuesday= Italian theme which included all sorts of yummy sweet breads, a hand massage in the teacher’s lounge, and my students bringing me my favorite candy…

Wednesday=Mexican theme with an extra long lunch period, cafe rio salads, and a bag with popcorn and a gift card to see a movie! 
While I was gone my class made me a book with little notes and their pictures!  I will cherish it forever.
Thursday=Bagels and cream cheese and my students brought me beautiful flowers!
Friday=Danish theme with 10 different delicious desserts to choose from, and classroom supplies from my students!

As you can see it was an amazing and crazy busy week!  A lot of good food and probably a few pounds gained, but it was totally worth it. 
And now to top of the great week..
The WAM Dance
My ward had a women ask man dance, and everyone was encouraged to attend!  Paige Hamilton and I decided we wanted to have some fun in our lives so we asked some dates.  It was Sadie Hawkins theme and we decided on PROM!  It was a great night filled with: dinner, the Newly Dating game (my date and I won a round resulting in an I tunes gift card), pictures, and dancing with the amazing DJ Corey Maxfield.  The night ended with intense ping-pong games, and 2 on 2 volleyball!  It was a great night! 
Thanks Warren for being such a great date!






I also had the chance to go to a Jazz Game on Thursday and eat dinner and dessert in a Suite with my amazing grandfather, sister, mother, and some of my other extended family! The half time show was amazing which included a girl flipping on a bouncy beam type thing while two strong men held the ends!
The Jazz pulled out with the win!  GO JAZZ!






2 comments:

kylee said...

the date night looks/sounds so fun, and per usual you look GORGEOUS!

Paige said...

Sounds like you had a great week! And I second Kylee, you look stunning!